CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Where did it go?

Today is Saturday, which means back to reality on Monday. It always seems like your time off goes by so fast, but the work days drag on and on! It worked out well because Jay's 7 off hit during Ashlynn's Spring Break so we were all able to have a week at home together. Grandma Kathy, Jay's mom, came down from Bend, Oregon to spend the week with us and meet Greyson for the first time. It was nice to be home, but even though it was Spring Break and days off for everyone, I still had work to do. Housework such as sweeping, mopping, laundry, cooking, dishes all had to get done, so it wasn't much of days off for me. I enjoyed spending time with everyone, but look forward to the quit days of just Greyson and I!!

The Easter Bunny was very kind to Ashlynn and Greyson. I bought them bigger baskets this year and I think I got them a little too big. The EB had to have Jay run down to the store at 10pm to grab a few more things for Ashlynn's basket because it had a lot of empty space. The baskets did not look THAT big in the store, even thought I knew they were large. Oh well! I enjoy buying for their baskets and stockings at Christmas time. I love to pick up little personal items or things that just strike me. It will be fun buying for Greyson.
Ashlynn is getting at that age where she is questioning the holiday main characters. She didn't so much this Easter, but this past Christmas she really asked questions. I bought these glitter sticks from the dollar store for her stocking and a few months after Christmas she noticed a Made in China sticker on them. She drilled us about why is there a Made in China sticker on it, if Santa made it! No matter what, it has been fun watching her wake up with excitement on those holiday mornings and I look forward to many more with BOTH of my kids!!

1 comments:

Yarngoddess said...

Even though Ashlynn maybe learning that the Character's of the holidays aren't real, doesn't mean that the Magick isn't real! Some of the greatest Elves, those that help Santa are the ones that have human bodies!

Post a Comment