CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 10th 13 years ago.....


As I sit here working on my blog today, with today's date staring me in the face....it finally comes to me. Today, April 10th, was the day that Jay asked me to marry him. I can replay the whole event in my head, he's not very creative so all the details are easy to remember!! LOL
We were living in Twin Falls, Idaho at the time in our apartment on Washington Street. We had been ring shopping earlier in the year and the ring sat in my "wedding planning box" until he was man enough to ask me. He thought that just because we bought the ring meant his job was done. All of us girls want the most thought out romantic proposal, right? Well I got a proposal, which totally fit Jay.It wasn't the most creative and thought about proposal, but he did get on one knee to ask.
We had an appointment that day to get our pictures taken and was looking forward enjoying the weekend with my brother and Kathy who were coming from Pocatello. As I was getting ready for pictures, I brought up the idea of how cool it would be for these pictures to be our engagement pictures...hint!! hint!! So Jay went and got the rind and placed the box in my hand and said said will you marry me.....WHAT? Come on Jay. So with this look of "okay" and a smile on his face he got on one knee. I knew that was the best he would do!! But I would take it!!
We will be married for 11 years on June 12th!

1 comments:

Yarngoddess said...

What a wonderful post! Happy Proposal Anniversary (not that there is such a day lol) You two are such a cute couple, and I am so happy that you are so happy and loved! Congrats! Great picture, by the way!!!

Post a Comment