CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I did it...but don't look too close!!

Back Side: Edges are ragged
Front Side


For those that know me I am crafty but sewing is not one of my top things to do when I am feeling crafty! For one I don't have the patience, the littlest things get to me. I hate it when the bobbin runs out of thread or I thread the machine wrong!! Ugggg! Second, I can't sew straight to save my life so my pieces are never even and perfect. Third, I hate instructions...I would rather do it my way,but with sewing I am not that talented to do it my way like I can with scrapbooking.
But now being a stay home mom who has gotten addicted to blog searching, running across cool things made with fabric and a sewing machine...I have had this itch to make something. A square rag quilt was on the top of my list. They are so cute and after looking them up, they look easy to make. Something I could make for sure. But then I ran across this straight stitch and cut rag quilt... I was all over it.
Don't look too close or you will bust up laughing at my skills. LOL :) I love being able to put the colors and designs of fabric together and looking at all the awesome fabric that is out there. I so could get addicted to fabric...it is like scrapbook paper...you want one of everything!!
It measures about 46inX36. Ashlynn says she gets one next, which should be pretty easy now that I know what the heck I am doing..or think I know what I am doing. :)

2 comments:

Tina said...

It turned out soooo cute! I love the fabric colors too! I have never seen a quilt like that.

kiki comin said...

super cute! i love the colors too!

Post a Comment