CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 2, 2009

Jay W. Newkirk

That's my husband who I have been married to for 10 years in June. I never thought I would meet the man I would marry my second semester of college. I was ready to go to college, get a college education and see what it really is to be on my own. But there are things in life that we are not in control of. For those of you who know me, I am not a religious person, but I do believe that things happen in life for a reason.
After meeting in English 101 at CSI on Jan. 11, 1997, (I can tell you what Jay was wearing that day!) we got our own place together in Twin Falls after only 6 months. Even though we rented our first apartment at the 6 month marked, we basically lived together at his place at only two weeks! I know, not like me! Dating for 14 months Jay asked me to marry him on April 10, 1997....we had picked out the ring a few months (maybe less than that) before he popped the question. 14 months later we were married at Rock Creek Park in Twin Falls.
After we were married, we decided to move to Pocatello to finish our education where Jay entered the ISU Law Enforcement Program and I worked on my BA in Sociology. We lived on campus and enjoyed our tiny apartment as a newlywed couple!! I liked living on campus, but Jay got tired of it very fast!
When I met Jay, he was a music major at CSI starting his second year of college. Jay is fromWeiser, Idaho and an only child who lived out in the country on highway 95. He had a wonderful bringing up and was enjoying the college life to the FULLEST!!

It's time for bed....more to come later!! Sweet Dreams!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment